What is the root of my internet issues?

Ickimus 18:16 24 Jun 2017

So, ive had this ongoing problem with my internet cutting out. Itll be working fine, then suddenly it will stop. Ill still be connected to the network but no internet available. Other devices and cpus will have no problems. I tried so many different solutions and read countless other posts by people with the same problem. After a lot of frustration ive figured out how to fix it. I simply open internet explorer and reset internet settings (stupidly simple) and it works again. But after several days to a week it will happen again. So my question now is: Why is this even happening to begin with? And why would such a simple fix work? Its extremely annoying. Thanks in advance for any help!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:00 25 Jun 2017

Look in device manager at your network adapter (WiFi or cable whichever your using) click properties - look at power tab - uncheck allow the computer to switch off... - click OK.

mole44 14:59 29 Jun 2017

Are you with Virgin media and have hub 3.0 then you like me had this problem,it's caused by the Puma 6 chip-set inside the router (Google it).I have sorted the problem but won't say as virgin-media won't pay for my simple fix,my broadband now works fine and no dropouts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 6 (2018) review

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment retrouver son code Wifi ?