Hot Topics

What drivers to download ?

Nicolás Noriega 03:28 22 Jun 2020

Hey guys, i'm going to install windows 10 on my asus new laptop and I know that after doing it it's recommendable to download the laptop's drivers; but the laptop has a ryzen 7 3700U processor with radeon rx vega 10 graphics and i was wondering if i should download its drivers too or if the ones on the asus webpage will be enough, thanks.

wee eddie 07:25 22 Jun 2020

When you say "new", what do you mean? Straight from the Manufacturer or is it a second user machine

What Operating System is currently installed on it?

Pine Man 10:22 22 Jun 2020

Windows 10 will have generic drivers which should operate your systems hardware satisfactorily and it is probably best to install those along with your Windows installation.

After the installation you can then consider installing specific manufacturers drivers if, for example, more control is necessary or the hardware is not operating as it should.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:31 22 Jun 2020

Unfortunately windows 10 generic drivers don't always work well causing a problem such as no sound, no wireless, no touchpad or even worse no graphics.

Upgrade to 10 and then see what is not working then download the appropriate drivers.

wee eddie 14:36 22 Jun 2020

Question: How many new laptops are sold without an Operating System?

Nicolás Noriega 18:25 22 Jun 2020

It's new straight from the manufacturer and comes with endless as operating system

wee eddie 18:55 22 Jun 2020

There are other considerations for you. The reason Asus use Endless is that these are very low powered and, therefor, cheap machines

Install W10 over Endless

Does your lappy have sufficient RAM for Windows 10. The Lappy has a very low power CPU and On-board Graphics. Your Windows experience maybe somewhat less than brilliant and unlikely much cop at Gaming

Nicolás Noriega 19:03 22 Jun 2020

si no va a ayudar abrase loka

wee eddie 19:59 22 Jun 2020

Gotta be realistic

wee eddie 23:10 22 Jun 2020

Look, that was a guess based on what little information you have given us.

If you tell us what Model it is and it's full Specification, maybe we can give you a more informed view.

That link will tell you how to install Endless on your lappy. The rest is my, uninformed, opinion

Aitchbee 23:28 22 Jun 2020

Your last link doesn't work, wee eddie. I get a blank page.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

LG gram 14 (2020) review

Best art and design exhibitions still happening in 2020

'Price rise' for iPhone 12 despite lack of accessories

Les meilleurs smartphones Xiaomi (2020)