Warnings about "ut-of-date Outlook a/c settings"

seahermit 23:23 30 Jan 2018

Would anyone please know why I am getting these repeated notifications on my computer (Acer PC with Windows 10)? "Your account settings are out-of-date in Mail or Calendar for Windows 10".

I clicked on the message to read through the various fixes but I have not changed the MS Outlook password for some time, so I don’t see why there should be an incorrect password.

The other common cause apparently is a certificate error but I have not had any messages along the lines of "There is a problem with the server's security certificate".

I have an Outlook email account but do not use Outlook as a mail client for my Gmail and other email addresses. Recently I stopped logging into my PC with the MS account and instead set up a local account. Is the problem really that MS doesn't like me doing that and is trying to get me to go back to using the MS Outlook account to log in?!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:40 31 Jan 2018

I get the same message all the time - just fix it and its fine for a week or two

seahermit 14:56 31 Jan 2018

Ah, that suggests that the warnings are routinely generated and may not mean very much. But I wonder if anyone else can throw some light on it? I'd just like to be sure that the things are not coming up because of something I should have done ..

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Illustrator Amy Grimes on how setting up her own eco-brand led to success with clients too

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

Test : l’enceinte connectée HomePod d’Apple