Vista support has ended. No updates.

rdave13 18:50 13 Apr 2017
Answered

Just for info, as from 11 April, Vista support is dead including Microsoft Security Essentials support is only for a limited time only.

support.microsoft.com

Aitchbee 22:31 13 Apr 2017

If your current PC can't run Windows 10, it might be time to consider shopping for a new one. Be sure to explore our great selection of new PCs. [from above link]

Ha Ha.

Menzie 14:25 14 Apr 2017
Answer

Unfortunately Vista came at a time when my PC wasn't very powerful so I didn't have a great experience with it.

My laptop came with Vista Basic which only had 512MB of RAM and a lowly Celeron so I went with XP instead.

By the time I started putting my gaming PC together 7 was out.

Vista is an OS that so many people seemed to complain about. Only OS that I saw which got more complaints was ME which oddly was perfect for me when I used it before XP. XP on the other hand took some patches to settle down and become reliable.

Feels like Vista was only here yesterday.

Burn-it 16:15 14 Apr 2017

I have found that any machine that will run Vista will also run Windows 7 with no problems. I use Win 7 on all my machines - some that aren't supposd to be able to run Vista. Where drivers haven't been written for the machine as a whole, I have only once failed to find a specific devices drivers and that was for a very old network card that works fine using the XP drivers under Win 7.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)