Video Editing Running Incredibly Slow

tkirk 01:22 10 Jan 2017

Hey guys, so recently I have gotten into making some videos and have found that for whatever reason my computer is running stupidly slow when I try to edit. I'm using Cyberlink Powerdirector 14 and my PC specs are as follows:

Intel i7-4790K @ 4.00GHz, 16.0GB of RAM, EVGA GTX-970SC

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pratama Dika 02:33 10 Jan 2017

I need a protable laptop for mobile working as video editor, but not sure to choose 13 inch macbook pro 2016 or asus rog strix with nvidia gtx 1070, any ideas or suggestion? I'm windows user and usually working with adobe premiere pro and adobe after effect, but I'd love to try final cut pro on mac, because a lot of people say it's more efficient, but I'm not sure about that.

wee eddie 11:04 10 Jan 2017

How slow is "stupidly" slow?

In "MBps" or whatever measurement combination you chose to use

BT 11:32 10 Jan 2017

Are you talking about Editing or Rendering which can take a very long time.

tkirk 12:41 12 Jan 2017

It's the editing that's really slow not the rendering. The rendering actually goes relatively fast, it's just as of late I'd be doing something as simple as clicking at a certain point in the video timeliness and it will take about 4 min to change to that point and then when I play it the audio and video desync from one another and the video looks extremely choppy, like it's 1fps. I'm not sure about the actual speed in Mbps but I'll take a look when I get a chance. Also I've heard a lot of good things about adobe premier pro, but I'm not a fan of having to subscribe to it in order to use it, I'd rather pay a one time fee kind of thing. Would anyone recommend switching editing softwares maybe??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

42 Tips for How to Make Digital Artworks That Look Hand-made

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Les meilleures séries Amazon Prime Video (2018)