Very odd text box at start-up since Win 10 update

griffon56 01:01 17 May 2018
Answered

Hi All, since the Win 10 April update the following has appeared on my TalkTalk home page. There's a text box captioned "Another instance is running" and in the box, the words, "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". Whatever is this, please? It never fails to amaze me the rubbish which somehow gets into computers. I get the feeling that it must be something to do with Google Earth, but I can't find any mention of objects in the Google Earth menus. It can be got rid of, but not by OK-ing it, only by closing the box down. I think it's harmless, but I don't want it!

Gordon Freeman 10:32 17 May 2018
Answer

Take a look at these:

Google

griffon56 13:13 18 May 2018

Thank you Gordon, that looks like the answer, I'll have a go at getting rid of the supposed culprits. Regards, Rog

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HTC U12 Plus review: Hands-on

Best Android emulators for Mac

Comment utiliser l’Apple Store Éducation ?