Very high McAfee cpu usage

AlexLinney19 08:27 19 Apr 2018

I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 110S and ever since installing windows update McAfee management services has been using 95% of my cpu, I have checked and there is no virus on my laptop, why is it doing this and how do I stop it doing this as my laptop is now unusable

MJS WARLORD 18:04 20 Apr 2018

you need to get rid of the av and use something else , I use Kaspersky , I got 90 day trial on 1 pc and dumped it because a guy at work gave me a copy of my companies cad software , MacAfee found nothing but because I am a geek I also scanned it with antimalware bytes , the program found about a dozens nasties each made up of several segments ... I rest my case.

I showed my pal the infection report but we cant tell the boss the pc's are infected as he would want to know how we found out , I feel the job centre would have been round the next corner.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What to do if you're affected by the Intel Foreshadow flaw

Illustrator Rose Blake gives a kid-friendly update for David Hockney's art guide A History of…

iMac at 20: 10 iMac facts and history in pictures

Comment afficher des sous-titres sur Netflix ?