UTorrent & Windows 10 Do I need this program?

Susan Lawless 00:45 07 Dec 2018
Answered

Purchased a new computer. UTorrent was installed. I have windows 10 and use google chrome & verizon fios internet. Everytime I download anything it always saves to UTorrent or win something and when I try to retrieve my file, I can't and advised I need UTorrent Pro. My ? is, do I need this program? If I remove it will I still be able to download and save files?

Govan1x 12:00 07 Dec 2018
Answer

Is it a new computer or 2nd hand. I have never known UTorrent to come with new computers But times change I suppose and maybe it is allowed nowadays.

Probably you should be able to delete it from all programs but as it is a program I have never used maybe wait till you get other replys.

martd7 14:12 07 Dec 2018

If it is a new computer ,no it should not have uTorrent installed

Susan Lawless 23:16 08 Dec 2018

Thank you for your replies. Yes, this is a new computer however a friend set it up for me, so maybe he installed this utorrent. Do you know, if I delete this program, will I still be able to download and save to my documents? I just don't want to delete something my computer needs by accident. Thanks again for your help & assistance!!!

wee eddie 03:46 09 Dec 2018

I would speak to your friend and ask why uTorrent was installed

MJS WARLORD 10:52 09 Dec 2018

you don't need any torrent for downloads just open chrome and click the 3 dots top right then click on settings tab , scroll down list and click advanced , you win see a tab for downloads it should say something like c/user/your name / downloads.

if it does not then click the change tab at the side and choose downloads folder as the place to send them.

wee eddie 14:55 09 Dec 2018

Ever since I first read this thread, I have been wondering what else "your friend" put on it?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch