Usb wireless keyboard, won't detach

Rogue_Squirrel 15:46 11 Aug 2019

I had been using a USB wireless keyboard with a trackpad. On my laptop, so I could connect it to my TV and watch Netflix without having to get up. Using the wireless keyboard, often meant (but not always) that the laptop track pad and keyboard were disabled.

I now want to sell this laptop, however, despite removing the USB adaptor, factory resetting Windows and removing it's drivers. My laptop still recognises the wireless USB, so I can't use the laptop keyboard/trackpad when booting windows.

It will only work, when holding down the power button and restarting the laptop. Obviously this isn't good for the laptop and it's driving me mad, trying to figure out just how I can get the laptop to function normally. Any suggestions, as to why and how?

Using windows 10 on a HP pavilion 15

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo Reno 2 Z review: Hands-on

Beck album covers ranked – his best artwork from the '90s to now

Best iPhone & iPad games 2019

iPhone SE 2 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs