usb Restore drive did not work for me

neiloneil 21:33 27 Jan 2018

I have a Lenovo Idea-pad flex10 running on win 8.1 64 bit. I have had it for a month now, but it isn't new (2016). I had the machine working just right, and made a restore usb drive, from following the advice I was seeing on my screen. I have made 3 of these usb restore drives in total as backups. Whilst making one of these backups, the actual system backup partition was wiped (not deliberately by myself).

I have unsuccessfully tried to restore the computer with each of these discs by using all of the methods I can fathom from the settings menu.

as a last resort I have been able to do a reset of the computer, but I am now required to enter a product key, which is not on the machine , the box ,or power supply. My question Is there anything I can do to make it work again?

beeuuem~2 23:04 27 Jan 2018

How did you reset the laptop? Was it a completely new install or did you manage a recovery somehow?

If it is from a restore running Belarc Advisor from click here will show the product key.

neiloneil 21:15 28 Jan 2018

Belarc advisor shows 4 blocks of 5 numbers. I can't see the other block of 5 numbers anywhere. Looked on the box ect

beeuuem~2 21:48 28 Jan 2018

That is surprising. I've just checked on my W10 and it definitely shows the product key in full under software licenses.

beeuuem~2 21:54 28 Jan 2018

I take it you did manage a restore rather than a new installation. With a new install there won't be key to find unless it was entered during the install.

An alternative programme is Jelly Bean Keyfinder from click here

I have tried this and i finds my key.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?