USB ports disabled suddenly,work after power reset

akshaykumar2609 20:55 19 Jan 2017

This is first PC build and I am having issues where my USB ports would disable as soon as I run a game or any high power draw situation. I have my keyboard, mouse connected via USBs so I am forced to shut it down since my computer is not responsive. After I physically turn the CPU switch off and let it cool off for a few minutes and turn it back on I magically see they are enabled again. I am running Windows 10 with a Seasonic 6SSR-650RM 80 Plus Gold - Semi Modular PSU and I have a GTX 1070 EVGA GPU on an Asus Z170 Progaming Aura Motherboard. I tried searching several forums and also tried to uncheck the "save power....." on the device manager tab but nothing seems to work. I am guessing it is some PSU issue which is disabling the ports during high power draw. I would really appreciate any help, I am really frustrated with this issue

Edit: I discovered usb 3.1 port is not disabled. And when I plugin usb devices on other ports (2.0 and 3.0) I see the error "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" on the device manager

mole44 04:59 20 Jan 2017

And that is the "Magic" of computers,they seem to have a mind of their own.

Archonar 08:39 20 Jan 2017

Maybe give this a try, it is supposed to be a fix for the code 43 issue: click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:30 20 Jan 2017

Keyboards and mice a very low draw devices if they are drawing high pwoer then they are faulty.

Its usually USB external drives that draw the most and give problems.

Burn-it 15:11 20 Jan 2017

It may also be that the power supply is not up to the job or is faulty.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

The best smart speaker: Apple HomePod vs Google Home vs Amazon Echo

Augmentation du tabac : les meilleures applications pour arrĂȘter de fumer