Usb mouse and keyboard not working

ballamine 01:19 12 Jun 2017
Answered

Greetings. I have an msi z170a gaming motherboard that cant use usb mouse or keyboard during boot up of bios, windows recovery or windows cd... I need some help because now i get the windows start screen where it says start windows recovery or start normaly.... I really need some help. This started because i needed to use the windows control panel to boot up with yesterdays settings due to too much messing around with an android emulator called andy. I disabled the norton program, tried to install it, got trough the installation, but when i actovated norton again. The norton program would not activate Sonar protection, after battling with virus scans.i managed go get everything else but the sonar working so i activated the reboot with yesterdays settings alternative... And forgot that i had this issue with usb keyboards and mouse not working on the computer before the logging in part of the os. The tower has only 2 usb 2.0 ports but those wont work either...

I appreciate every inch of help i may get.

mole44 05:38 12 Jun 2017
Answer

Whatever others suggest may i suggest cloning your drive weekly when the computer is working correctly,then a easy drive swap when things go awry.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:49 12 Jun 2017

Does it have a PS2 port? if so you need to borrow or buy a PS2 keybaord and boot into BIOS and set USB legacy foe DOs to Enabled for the USB ports to work before the windows USb drivers load.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

Say aloha to the summertime vibes of artist Kim Sielbeck

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Les meilleures séries Amazon Prime Video (2018)