Hot Topics

Upgraded to W10 from W7. Email help.

Bytegiga 10:01 11 Jan 2020

I've just upgraded to Windows 10 from 7. I was previously using Windows Live Mail 2011, which doesn't appear to be available with W10. Is there any way to set up my email so I can recover my old emails from WLM 2011?

When I click on Mail in W10 it displays a list of options (eg Outlook.com), but I don't know know which one to choose. I don't really know what I'm doing tbh.

Secret-Squirrel 18:06 14 Jan 2020

...........and see that it is possible to download the Outlook program............................I am going to give the process a try by downloading onto my Windows 8.1 laptop.................

There are several ways to get Outlook from the Microsoft Store - either as an individual download or as part of an Office suite. Which have you decided to get?

Note that the standalone version of Outlook from the Microsoft Store is for one PC only and only Windows 10.

wee eddie 18:07 14 Jan 2020

Brian H: I'm not sure of your motives, that's 2 posts you have made, dissing my comments. So I am going to explain them to you in words of as few syllables as possible.

One of the joys of Outlook, which is part of Microsoft Office, is that, although it's Diary and Mail Sections are similar to most of the other Mail Apps, its Contacts Section allows you to keep as many interesting facts, about your Contacts, as you wish.

As a simple example: In the Notes Section of my Doctor's Page, I have, in reverse order (so the latest visit is at the top) a précis of every visit I have paid her, and her predecessors, since 1988. I also happen to have her birthday and several other details, as her parents were regulars in my Café and she was first brought in when she was about 10 weeks old and many other times in the following years.

Even simpler: I have the Meter Readings, from my Power Supply, for the last 6 years. Previous years having been deleted, as I don't believe they have any relevance, as they show a consistent pattern of use.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Smartphone is Dead

Can you see the bottle in this Coke ad?

New iPhone 12 release date, price & specs rumours

Quel est le meilleur Mac pour un ├ętudiant ?