Upgrade from Win Vista Home Premium

LUGOAZUSA 09:19 27 Mar 2019

On a Dell Inspiron 1521, I was attempting to upgrade WINDOWS from VISTA to WIN 7. I began by downloading WIN 7 UPGRADE ADVISOR, and when i tried running it, I receive the error msg "unable to reach the Microsoft server for compatability info. Check your internet connection and try again". I don't understand why I get that msg as I am online at the time. Can someone please help me? THANK YOU

wee eddie 09:31 27 Mar 2019

I'm no expert but it has been made obvious by Microsoft that they do not want anyone to use Windows 7 any longer. Why not try Windows 10.

Govan1x 04:18 29 Mar 2019

Lets face it the reason why most of us use W10 was that it was free.

Would I buy it Probably not.

But I suppose as they are doing away with all other versions eventually we may be forced to buy it.

W7 is much better than Vista and you can usually pick it up fairly cheaply so worth a try.

Depending on how old your computer is it is possible that it would not be suitable for W10. So do not dive in without checking first.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:20 29 Mar 2019

There are very few PCs that will run 7 and not 10 Most older PCs will actually run 10 better than t (my old Compaq laptop for one).

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to watch the Huawei Mate 30 launch live: Munich, September 19

Pantone has invented 294 new colours

iOS 13 release date, time & new features

Google Pixel 4 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs