Upgrade Win 7 PC to Win 10

Newuser4165 12:04 17 Apr 2019

Back in 2015 I was offered the chance to upgrade to Win 10 from Win7.Ididn't upgrade at the time as there was a driver problem with my nvidea graphics card which has now been resolved.I'm still running Win 7 on my now 6year old pc but with Win7 end of life approaching is it still possible to upgrade to Win 10 free of charge or do I need to replace my current PC which is till running perfectly.In 2015 I did download the Win 10 iso file - is it still possible to use this iso image to upgrade my pc to Win10?

lotvic 12:36 17 Apr 2019

In 2015, depending on the way you d/loaded the iso, your W7 key may be registered as an upgrade to W10 digital licence. However I suggest you use a newer version as that iso may have the nvida driver problem. Microsoft download page click here

You can still get W10 for free according to howtogeek.com click here

Newuser4165 12:39 18 Apr 2019

Hi lotvic Thanks for the link.I'll create a new installation DVD for win10 and follow their instructions.

lotvic 19:11 18 Apr 2019

KEITH 1955, full info and instructions are on the link I posted to Microsoft download page - 'tis better to know than to only think you know.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Elephone U2 Review

Ichijo Hikaru's riso print pop art is a celebration of the female body

New iPhone 11 (2019) release date, price & specs rumours

Les bons plans audio (2019)