Hot Topics

Update KB 4559309 The new Edge

martd7 19:02 19 Jun 2020
Answered

Updated PC this morning and when it had finished installing and restarted,Windows tells me its installed the NEW Edge browser and has imported all my favourites for me NICE!

How can i stop it popping up everytime i turn the PC on?

Govan1x 23:58 19 Jun 2020

I don't use it and turned it off. The only thing is I cant remember how I did it.

This video might help.

Click Here

martd7 08:58 20 Jun 2020
Answer

Thanks Govan1x

I found another solution, simply remove it from the taskbar and it doesn't start up now

Govan1x 00:05 21 Jun 2020

martd7

Now that you mention it that is how I removed it as well

Pine Man 16:22 21 Jun 2020

I don't know if any of you have actually considered trying the new version of Microsoft Edge, I did and it is absolutely superb as far as I am concerned.

My needs are for a browser that syncs across different platforms, is fast and easy to use. I now have it on my iMac, my wife's PC, two iPhones and an iPad. It works, and synchronises perfectly.

I never thought that I, as a staunch Mac user, would ever endorse Microsoft products but all credit where it is due.

wee eddie 16:51 21 Jun 2020

I have:

Too many clicks required as I surf the net. I have my Favourites arranged in a perfectly logical Folder Tree.

Unfortunately the new Edge requires that I drill down again, every time I wish to click on another link within the same Folder

martd7 10:22 22 Jun 2020

I don't mind it but I didn't like turning the pc on and it telling me it had imported all my bookmarks!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

LG gram 14 (2020) review

Best art and design exhibitions still happening in 2020

'Price rise' for iPhone 12 despite lack of accessories

Les meilleurs smartphones Xiaomi (2020)