Unmountable_Boot_Volume on Windows 8.1

Amilkar Ousmaïl 13:21 01 Dec 2018

Hi, I installed a new hard drive few days ago on my Lenovo G50-80 and installed Windows 8.1 pro on it. Everything seemed to work well until this morning. I tried to turn my PC on and suddenly a blue screen appeared for less than a second and disappeared, the pc tried to restart again , and underneath the Microsoft/Lenovo logo it says "Preparing Automatic Repair" and then the screen turns dark and only a mouse cursor appears. I tried every possible solution but one of them was efficient. P.S i took a video to check what is says on th blue screen , and it says "unmountablebootvolume" I really need help from you guys ☹

Amilkar Ousmaïl 13:24 01 Dec 2018

*none of the solutions work

rickf 15:06 01 Dec 2018

If you put you rold HD back it'll boot up. I suspect wins 8 don't like the change unless you use a new copy of win8. Why not use win 10 now you have a new h/d? Alternatively, clone the old h/d with wins 8 on to the new drive then It should work. Others might have better suggestions.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Diversity is improving in branding - but there's still a way to go

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Les meilleurs sacs à dos pour ordinateur portable