Unable to log in to my pc, please help(windows 10)

stanart 23:32 02 Dec 2016

I've been having some problems with my pc for a while now. In the past, it took a long time to boot up, but would still boot up and would run fine. Currently, when turning on my pc, I run into a problem that I've been having for the past three days:

->when booting up, it will reach a black screen and stay at this screen for a bit. If i click my mouse, the cursor appears, sometimes donning the blue loading circle

->after a bit, the screen turns blue, says "please wait" and has a dotted-loading circle spinning

->the screen then transitions to the typical windows 10 login screen. However, the screen background is a plain blue (not my usual), and it appears that the bottom-right options has a loading circle next to it, but it does not spin. Also, during this time, the clock freezes and does not change time.

->As a result, I cannot log on and I cannot even attempt to boot the pc in safe mode or troubleshoot mode or start the startup repair

->the few times when i did manage to log on, the screen would transition from the plain black screen to my normal start up screen (after many restarts)

please help, i am at a loss of what to do and I am really starting to worry. Any help regarding my problem or its possible causes would be greatly appreciated.

thank you in advance

Govan1x 09:26 03 Dec 2016

Try this it may help.

Try switching your computer on and after 7 seconds switch it off by holding in the start button. Do that 3 or 4 times and you should get a repair screen giving you different options of repairing your computer.

Maybe a system restore to a time before the problem might work.

Hope that works for you.

Jollyjohn 11:49 03 Dec 2016

Go click here Download and burn to cd or put on USB - Boot from it and the option you are looking for is "Clear Administrator password"

It may take a couple of runs to get it to work, you need to pick the correct Windows partition, so make notes of your choices each time you run it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Redmi 8 Release Date, Price & Spec Rumours

Candid photography at home is helping Swedes to sell houses

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Les meilleures séries Netflix