Unable to boot in windows 10

Chew Min Qian 14:40 18 Jun 2018

Hi, i am unable to start my pc. (windows 10) This happened once about a month ago, i managed to fix it using cmd (regback thing) Now it happened again, All of my usb devices stopped working when i booted my pc, i tried rebooting several times. I am now using a ps2 keyboard. It is stuck in an automatic repair loop. I have tried all the options. (As well as the cmd regback) I have also tried resetting but it wouldn’t allow me (There was a problem resetting your pc) I am also unable to boot in safe mode. Is there anything else I can do? Replies are much appreciated, thank you.

motherboard: GA-B250M-HD3

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:35 18 Jun 2018

You need to do the repairs from a boot USb or DVD you can download and make a win 10 iso boot media from click here

Chew Min Qian 12:22 19 Jun 2018

Thank you ror the response, but my pc is unable to read the usb to do so. is there any other way?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:16 19 Jun 2018

Make and model of PC?

Chew Min Qian 16:43 19 Jun 2018

Custom built, been using for several months now

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:34 19 Jun 2018

Try booting to BIOS and setting it to legacy boot instead of UEFI boot it should then boot from USB.

Chew Min Qian 18:00 19 Jun 2018

It did not work unfortunately.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:10 19 Jun 2018

After changing to legacy boot did you save and exit (F10)?

Are you sure the USB you have is bootable?

Have you set USB as first boot device? or do you need to press one of the F keys to change boot device?

Chew Min Qian 20:34 19 Jun 2018

"Have you set USB as first boot device? or do you need to press one of the F keys to change boot device" could you please explain this sentence? I don't really understand it. how do you set it as the first boot device?

I will check if the USB is bootable later in the morning (currently 3am)

Chew Min Qian 20:41 19 Jun 2018

Also I would like to confirm with you that all of my USB devices aren't working (also the start of the problem), and with that will the boot USB still work?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:29 19 Jun 2018

Probably not working as windows changes from bios drivers to windows USB drivers so as USB boots before windows comes into action USB ports should work.

However you could check in BIOS that USB legacy for DOS is enabled.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Illustrator Amy Grimes on how setting up her own eco-brand led to success with clients too

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

Test : l’enceinte connectée HomePod d’Apple