System restore problem in XP

joejonsme 11:53 11 May 2018

Hi,

I have a Tyan S2099 mainboard and have been having USB problems for awhile. I have 2 USB 2.0 ports in the front of my computer, and one of these will not respond when I connect a device. The other one will sometimes cause the machine to lock up. I opened device manager (Windows XP) and then "USB controllers", and I see an "unknown device". When I look at the driver for this device, I see that there is "none installed". Could this be the cause of the problem?

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-

Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:24 11 May 2018

Refresh USB Ports Use Drive clean up to remove USB device drive info from the registry click here device manager Uninstall EVERYTHING under the heading USB, reboot the PC let XP find and install new hardware. Your equipment should now be recognised.

or In

MJS WARLORD 18:05 11 May 2018

fruit bat is right , go device manager and right click/uninstall all usb devices , when the pc restarts windows will re-install its generic drivers , am I missing something though , why did you post under heading system restore problem.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HTC U12 Plus review: Hands-on

Best Android emulators for Mac

TV & Streaming : comment regarder Roland Garros ?