system restore not working problem

gerryp25 22:49 31 May 2014

Hi, I am having problems with a program called 123 Gold, this is a programme which enables a film to be converted to android tablet. I have had this program working but now it doesn't. I contacted 123 gold in the USA and after 90 mins they thought that the problem might be in my computer. They suggested running system restore, I did this but system restore said it could not complete this process due to some fault it had picked up. It quoted some file which I can't remember but I could run it again if anyone thinks it would help Is there anyone out there that could offer any suggestions

gerryp25 22:57 01 Jun 2014

Hi Jock1e, just done as you suggested but it still won't work, I am getting reference to 0x80070057 Thanks for efforts

woodchip 12:13 02 Jun 2014

Have you tried another date further back

gerryp25 22:56 03 Jun 2014

For some reason there aren't any more dates available, I have gone back as far as I can

Secret-Squirrel 08:55 04 Jun 2014

Don't click on lavrentyireny's link as it's a Word document that appears to contain a malicious macro.

I've notified the Forum Editor.

Secret-Squirrel 15:54 04 Jun 2014

".....not sure what he is up to."

He was trying to get us all infected :(

The link he posted was a direct one to a Word document. The only text in that document was a message to enable Word macros. If the user had done that then a VBA script would run that downloads and installs malware.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi A3 Release Date, Price & Specification Rumours

Call Me By Your Name and other queer film classics are celebrated in Aiste Stancikaite's prints…

When is the next Apple event, and what should we expect?

iPhone 2019 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs