Startup and Sleep/Shutdown on PC by schedule

Andy Ward 09:43 27 Feb 2019

Hello. I'm a lifelong mac-user who is slowly migrating to PC (3D design software tilting more and more towards PCs). I use a team rendering element to my software where I can use multiple PCs to render out my images. I can do this down a network. I am going to Spain for a month in August and would like to use the PCs at home to render out my images. To do this I need to use 'AnyDesk' or similar software. However, this will only connect if the PC is already turned on - I don't think I can wake the computer remotely - if I can, then please let me know! Anyway, is there a simple way I can schedule the PCs to wake up at 8:55 every morning then go to sleep at 5:05 every evening so I can connect to them? I'd rather not have to take them all to Spain with me...! Thanks in advance Andy PS - I'm a Mac person so please bear that in mind with the jargon heavy replies!! :)

Andy Ward 10:15 27 Feb 2019

Hi Keith, no I need advice on the PC way to do it. It's really easy on a mac!

Andy Ward 13:05 27 Feb 2019

Thanks Keith!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The best of Gamescom 2019

Best free Photoshop brushes 2019

Apple TV streaming service: what, where, when and how much

Les meilleurs smartphones incassables (2019)