Startup Problem, Wierd Login Characters

EMMIE_BELLA 06:07 24 Oct 2015

I have a HP Pavilion Sleetbook 14 PC - Core i5 3rd Generation computer. I'm using Windows 8.1 - 64 bit. I was just updating Nvidia from windows updates but it was taking so long so I stop downloading the updates. Then I restarted my laptop and now it is taking so long to appera login screen. First, the cursor spins for 2 to 3 minutes and then login screen appears with weird characters instead of text.

I tried to install a fresh copy of Windows 8 as well as Windows 7 but it is giving me checking media fail error. (My laptop has no built-in DVD Rom. I'm using a USB portable DVD Rom and it is working).

When I enables the Secure Boot option from BIOS, the screen appers with a message "Boot device not found. Please install an OS on your hard drive. Hard Disk - (3F0). Then I performed Hard Drive test and it was okaye with HDD. I also performed memory test and it was alright with Memory.

But my problems are still existing. - Taking so long to start up and weird charcter on login screen. - Checking media fail while installing OS.

Kindly help me because I'm taking so much stress.

SHS

rdave13 12:17 24 Oct 2015

Check in BIOS/UEFI that USB is first in the boot order.

EMMIE_BELLA 15:47 24 Oct 2015

Thankx a lot rdave13 ... That worked for me :)

SHS

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Red Dead Online release date and gameplay news

Create a glowing superhero

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleures prises CPL