Started getting packet loss and can't fix it

legionary 16:53 08 Dec 2018

Hello, A few days ago I just started getting packet loss a lot more than I ever did before. I'm using wifi which isn't ideal but I have no other option, I know this can cause packet loss but it never has before (at least not this much). Unfortunately my wifi adapter is not the best and doesn't support 5GHz otherwise I would use 5GHz, it is a netis WF2113, my router is the BT smart hub in a relatively open place on the floor below, with little other than the floor between my PC and the router, unfortunately my house is old so the floor is likely to block the signal, being old it also will make a powerline adapter less useful, however if you think it will sort my problem please tell me(I also have to use an extension lead). Here should be a badly drawn ms paint diagram (The PC is on a shelf on a wooden desk): .

1]: [click here anyone tell me what probably will fix this? If you can help me sort this and it works you are an amazing person.

Could

wiganken2 17:58 08 Dec 2018

Have you contacted your ISP? The Signal-to-Noise ratio may be too high leading to data issues and reducing the SNR to about '6' usually fixes it but only your ISP can do this.

legionary 18:24 08 Dec 2018

BlockquoteHave you contacted your ISP? The Signal-to-Noise ratio may be too high leading to data issues and reducing the SNR to about '6' usually fixes it but only your ISP can do this

No I have not, I probably should

mole44 05:03 09 Dec 2018

Have you tried doing a channel change as the channel may be congested Also download an app to check your wifi on your smartphone it will tell you the channel your on and or next to you.those close or

legionary 10:05 09 Dec 2018

Have you tried doing a channel change as the channel may be congested Also download an app to check your wifi on your smartphone it will tell you the channel your on and or next to you.those close or

Tried channel changing

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi A3 Release Date, Price & Specification Rumours

Kristof Davos on how he designed this summer's must-have watch

Best Apple Deals of Amazon Prime Day 2019

Les 12 trucs et astuces Facebook Messenger à connaître