Small fonts when printing (vista)

michiyo 16:40 18 Dec 2007

When i print from a website the text/fonts are so small they are diffficult to read. Note, on the screen they are normal size.
Hope somsbody can help me with this problem.

anskyber 16:50 18 Dec 2007

If you are using IE7 then choose print preview (the dropdown from the print icon) and adjust the % size there, often it is set to "shrink to fit"

michiyo 19:53 18 Dec 2007

anyskyber,

Thanks for your quick reply to my query, I will give it a try.

michiyo 11:33 19 Dec 2007

anyskyber,
Tried your suggestion, it was "shrink to fit". I changed to 30% and the text was even smaller.
Hope you can come up with another solution. Maybe i'm doing something wrong?
AS a footnote i've just printed this message, it's printed the normal size. I've gone back to try with a web page and it continues to print with small text. Very strange.

anskyber 16:40 19 Dec 2007

Yes change it to a higher setting like 100% or what ever works though experimentation.

michiyo 11:31 20 Dec 2007

anskyber,
I'm afraid I'm still struggling. I am on AOL, e-mail print ok it also prints IE home page ok. It seems whenever I print something from the internet the print is small for instance a bank statement
I thank you very much for your help but I think I'm going to have to give up on this problem and live with it.
PS I did try the percentage suggestion.

jakimo 15:20 20 Dec 2007

follow anyskyber`s instructions and select 90%,if the small box states print pages 1-2 ,then try a lower %,the target being ..print pages 1-1.

sinbads 14:57 21 Dec 2007

Surely if your printing is too small, then to increase the size you would need to select % greater than 100% ie if you choose 200% then the print would be twice the size.

michiyo 17:54 21 Dec 2007

With all your help I've cracked it up to a point.
I've set the size at 100% which increases the size when printing but unfortunately unless i repeat that process when I next print it reverts back to the small size. I think i'm going to settle for that. I might add i click alt+s,it doesn't make any difference whether i do or i don't.
Thanks very much your help anskyber,jakimo and sinbads, you have been great.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?