hi, my laptop is running very slow, I downloaded winthruster which scanned my system and said there 365 errors in different areas. I need to pay £22 to use to software to fix the errors. can anyone tell me if this will work or if there is a better way to fix my system?
To clean up a Windows 10 PC, follow these steps.
1) Install Malwarebytes v3 and scan.
2) Download, install and run both CCleaner and Defraggler. Select the "Clean" and "defrag" options in each program (Defraggler will take some time)
3) Download "Junkware removal tool" to target unwanted programs clogging up resources
4) Run iObit uninstaller and using the "batch uninstall" option check programs you are not using.
5) If you're using Firefox or Chrome, refresh by following these instructions (FF) or these (Chrome). Only do this if browsing the internet is slow, this will restore settings to the defaults as if the browsers were just downloaded and installed, and will remove any extensions hiding in the background.
Win dows 10 has its own built-in defragging tool - you don't need to install third-party software.
CCleaner has an excellent uninstaller - there's no need to install additional software for that. You can also uninstall applications from Windows 10's control panel.
Neither do you need to install Malwarebytes Junk removal tool - that's what you have CCleaner for.
Finally, please don't link directly to .exe downloads - link instead to the homepage of the application concerned. Providing people with a link that starts an automatic download as soon as you click on it is not acceptable, for obvious security reasons.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.