Sihost.exe and explorer.exe : Unknown Hard Error

Mel_Flynn99 22:04 22 May 2018

Hi, I’ve recently installed the new update of Windows 10 and two errors occured : sihost.exe : Unknown Hard Error, and Explorer.exe : Unknown Hard Error

I’ve tried to perform a cleanboot, didn’t find any corrupted file. Then I performed a chkdsk /f /r via the administrator command prompt, nothing changed. I also tried to do a sfc /scannow but for some reason, I couldn’t ..

I even tried to delete the last update, you may guess that it didn’t work. I was thinking about downloading a software that could scan + delete the corrupted file(s) but since I can’t get access to Internet anymore, I can’t download anything...

Does someone have a solution ? Thanks in advance :)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:57 23 May 2018

Third report of this in a many days try click here

Salamander7 11:10 25 May 2018

I had the unknown hard error together with Windows inability to find the desktop following a Windows update. I faffed around for days without success so I reinstalled Windows. Seems to be the only sure way of getting everything back to normal. Dont forget to back up any important files first because they will be lost in the reinstall.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

FIFA 19 review

Design a vector map packed with creatures and landmarks

iPhone XS vs iPhone X: What is the difference?

Comment désactiver la lecture automatique des vidéos sur Chrome ?