several problems with my USB hard drive

Hakan Ilbas 20:45 04 Apr 2017

Hello guys, my name is Hakan, hope that you all are doing well,

Well I'm not doing that well because i got frustrated of this hard disk my relative gave me to fix. The harddisk is a 3TB Seagate one. The first problem was that the computer wasnt showing the disk in my computer. I fixed this by changing it to MDR from GDR (or GDR to MDR dont remember). But this had brought even more problems.

The first problem was that my computer showed it as a hard disk drive and not as removable storage. I looked in to the propperties, deleted the drivers & reinstalled them but the disk still showed as a hard disk drive one and not as a removable storage one. The next problem was that My computer only showed 1,99 TB of the 3TB. However when i go to disk management it shows me that it is somewhere with 2,8GB, and that 2TB is allocated, but 750GB is not allocated. I cant allocate this 750GB. It doesnt give me the option to do so. I looked online but I couldnt find anything. So i hope you guys can help me. And oh diskpart list volume only shows about 2048GB. It doesnt show the 750GB. Diskpart list disk shows 2800GB

Thanks in advance. See screenshots for reference.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:10 05 Apr 2017

The drive has to be reformatted as a GPT-formatted drive instead of an MBR-formatted drive. The old standard MBR partition tables can't describe a drive of over about 2.13 TiB.

click here you using a 32bit version of windows?

Are

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

See concept art from groundbreaking video games including The Last of Us, Journey and No Man's Sky

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Les meilleurs VPN pour Kodi (2018)