Secondary Hard drive- Very slow Speed

Toby Christmas 10:23 30 Dec 2016

Hey I bought a new computer a few months back and ever since the secondary hard drive was very slow and downloading and transferring data. I sent it back but they said it was working fine, but the issue persisted. I should say that my primary ssd drive worked fine. Below are a few images of what I meant.

I then tried putting in my old hard drive that was on the edge of breaking, it worked fine to start with but is starting to show the same symptoms. as shown bellow. Not sure what to do. I should mention that I found a few minor issues with the rig- eg bad cable management so it's near impossible to close, and a usb slot not plugged in. I wonder if they might have connected something wrong that is causing the slow data transfer

Any help would be appreciated. I really want to sort this out Rig specs- - CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K - Ram:32gb - Motherboard:Asus Z170-P - OS Drive: Samsung 250GB 750 Evo SSD

• Initial secondary drive 2tb Toshiba
  • Graphics card Nvidia 1080
  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:47 30 Dec 2016

Secondary hard drive? internal or external?

If external are you connected to a USB2 or USB3 port?

Toby Christmas 10:51 30 Dec 2016

It is an internal hard drive

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:26 30 Dec 2016

Tried it in a different sata port?

checked sata controllers? if more than one try changing to the other.

Toby Christmas 11:36 30 Dec 2016

I think There is on;y enough for The two drives. But I was thinking about getting an expansion slot and trying that out

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:06 30 Dec 2016

be very surprised if there are only two sata ports on the motherboard. click here show 4 two of which it shows as 6Gps ports

Toby Christmas 13:14 30 Dec 2016

oh yeah. Thanks not sure how I missed that. I shall try it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Windows Lite: what it is and when it might be released

Candid photography at home is helping Swedes to sell houses

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comment installer Fortnite sur un Mac ?