Scanning and repairing drive (C:)

Guest 1234512767 14:17 02 Aug 2018

Does it every time I boot and gets stuck at 33%. Skipping it works fine and lets me boot into Windows 8.1 - the affected drive seems to be working properly as well. The drive is an SSD (Crucial MX100). Any ideas on what the problem might be?

Taff™ 15:50 02 Aug 2018

Yes! It's Windows 8.1 LOL

Why don't you just move to Windows 10 for free?

Guest 1234512767 15:55 02 Aug 2018

@Taff™ that's not possible anymore or am i wrong?

Taff™ 16:18 02 Aug 2018

You are unfortunately wrong! LOL

I will drop a link here. Basically follow these steps:

1) Back Up all data! 2) Go to your Computer Manufacturers Website and download every driver (Windows 10 - so alter Operating System if the site automatically determines you are on Win8) 3) Try this link and select the appropriate 32Bit or 64Bit verion for your computer

click here

Taff™ 16:24 02 Aug 2018

Well, that link worked from my trusty Vista Machine LOL

Now burn that to disc or USB and boot from that.

When you get asked for a Licence Key choose the small link "I do not have a Licence Key" underneath. Carry on .... If later you are asked for a key use your existing Windows 8 Key! Voila

Then let's see if you have a problem!

Post back if you do! Or any questions!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Threadripper 2990WX review

New Nvidia graphics cards offer 'industry-changing' real-time raytracing on your computer for the…

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Les meilleurs téléphones portables basiques (2018)