Saving email pictures viewed in Mail

chub_tor 20:44 07 Dec 2012
Answered

When I receive pictures attached in an email with Live Mail I can save the pictures by right clicking the picture and use Save As. If I use the Mail App in Windows 8 I can see the attachments but right clicking does not bring up a menu that includes Save, or Save As, instead I get Sync, Pin to Start and Move and Mark as unread. Double Clicking the pics does nothing.

Does anyone know of a way to save email pictures from the Mail App?

chub_tor 17:43 08 Dec 2012

Thanks for that, I have been slowly figuring it out. There does seem to be a difference with some of my emails and as you say some of them seem to have embedded pictures (the ones I cannot right click and save) and some where the pictures are attachments that I can right click and save. However whichever type they are I can always save them in Windows Live Mail, so pretty though Win 8 Mail is I will probably use Live Mail as my major email source.

Much as I like the speed of Windows 8 I am unsure about parts of the interface so I am trialling Start8 Click Here to see if it can provide me with some of the GUI that I am more familiar with.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi 9 review

Apple has upgraded the iMac to make it twice as fast – and given the iMac Pro a quiet bump too

New iMac 2019 launch: Release date, price, features & specs

iMac 2019 : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique