Samsung SE 506 portable blue ray writer, problems

triflesterm 17:27 04 Sep 2018

Hi

I've recently upgraded to WINDOWS 10 and are having the following problems >>

Every time I connect the player, in windows explorer it keeps on disappearing and then reappearing, I've tried to install the software disc that came with it and its just having none of it, I keep getting an application error>> The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000006)

Please help

Thanks Steve

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:09 04 Sep 2018

1) Unplug your SE-506 drive from the computer 2) Backup your files and Windows registry 3) Open the CMD command prompt with right-click 'Run as administrator' 4) Run this command to add an entry to your registry (or manually add it with regedt32.exe if you like)

reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001

5) Reboot your computer (DO NOT plug in the SE-506 drive yet)

6) After Windows is fully booted up and you are logged in, plug in your SE-506 and see if it gets detected

triflesterm 07:48 05 Sep 2018

Hi Fruitbat

Thanks a lot for replying, I've never backed up my registry before, what is the best way to do this?

Thanks Steve

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:42 06 Sep 2018

search - type regedit - when regeditor opens - select File - Export and save the file to a location of your choice.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

Project Gemini is Adobe's Procreate rival – a new drawing and painting app for the iPad

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs