Right shift key not working

Neil_C 12:00 22 May 2018

Hi there. I bought a new laptop recently (iota one 2120, windows 10), which has a very small keyboard. The issue is the following;

The right shift key does not appear to be working when I want to use the settings above the F-keys (for example, volume control, brightness). So, if I want to increase the volume, fn+right shift+F2 does not work, however fn+left shift+F2 DOES work! What makes me believe that this isn't a hardware issue is that the right shift key otherwise works fine (eg capitalising lettings, and fn+right shift+ Z= |). Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks for reading and if you need more information please ask :)

wee eddie 12:14 22 May 2018

Just a thought. As your "iota" has a small keyboard, maybe the manufacturer has changed the Key Combination for the task you are attempting

Neil_C 13:20 22 May 2018

@wee eddee The keyboard specifically has a small volume button logo above the F2 key, and since all of the keys above the F-keys work with the left shift, I don't think this is the case.

wiganken2 13:52 23 May 2018

A strange one where the left Shift key works but not the right Shift key. Clutching at straws here but have you tried using the "Alt Gr" key instead of the right "Shift" key?

BRYNIT 17:22 23 May 2018

According to the user guide from iotatablets.com CLICK HERE the hot key functions to increase the volume are FN+F2 and FN+F1 to decrease the volume none of the hot key functions use the shift key.

wee eddie 18:14 23 May 2018

Yah!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch