Hot Topics

Reset my PC advice please

sam123 10:51 17 May 2020

A few months back I performed a clean install of Windows 10 with a downloaded version. Not sure how this effects the reset option. Would the clean install have overwritten what was already there, or will it take me back to factory settings if I use it, which I don't want. Grateful for any help.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:19 17 May 2020

there are various reset options within windows

1. reset and keep files

2. reset without keeping files

both reset the system to the version as installed and updates will then be installed afterwards.

Reset to factory conditions is reliant on having an image stored in a separate partition and is done outside of windows using third party software maybe built into the machine as with some laptops.

Another means of resetting is done by using third party software such as Acronis or Macrium Reflect to make images and then restoring the images at a later date.

Unless you have an image then reset within windows will take you back to the time you did the clean install.

sam123 11:24 17 May 2020

Thank you Fruit Bat. Just what I wanted to know.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixelbook Go review

All the Creative Live Streams that'll save 2020

Different Think: Apple, stop being so successful!

French Days 2020 : dates, sites participants & bons plans