Repairing disk, 0 seconds left, on each boot.

math341c 20:54 18 Nov 2016

Hello people my name is Math and from since 7 days ago, i have gotten a strange issue with my windows. The thing is that everytime Windows 8.1 boots up, it pops up a message that my SSD is getting repaired, and there is 0 seconds left. It takes 4 seconds more to boot when this happens, and then windows just starts normally and everything is working fine. But Windows also keeps asking me that, there is a disk error to repair and i need to roboot the pc, and when this happens it just does the same with 0 seconds left and boots up. I can't get away with this message and this longer boot problem. Windows doesn't seem to fix anything.

I'm thanking for everyone putting their time, to help people here.

Regards Math.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:54 18 Nov 2016

Cancel a Scheduled Chkdsk at Boot in Windows 10

1. Press Windows+X and select Command Prompt (Admin) to open Elevated Command prompt.

2. type the following command and hit Enter chkntfs C:

If you get the message that Drive is not dirty, it means no check disk is scheduled.

But if you get the message Chkdsk has been scheduled manually to run on next reboot on Volume C:, it means a chkdsk has been scheduled.

1. To exclude a Drive from default Boot-Time Check, copy and paste the following command

chkntfs /x C:

math341c 17:37 19 Nov 2016

Hello thanks your help I get a message that my disk is dirty and then i run the second command you provide "chkntfs /x C:"

And the console just says "The type of the file system is NTFS" and nothing happens.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:45 19 Nov 2016

it should cancel the check at stat so you should no longer get the message next time you boot

math341c 10:31 22 Nov 2016

Thank you it works, the disc gets no more scanned and i have fast boot. But my solution center keeps saying that i should repair my disc, how do i fix it?

Burn-it 00:41 23 Nov 2016

Run a full CHKDSK /F overnight and look at the report to see if there was a real error. Do the same a second time after a normal day. If the second one also reports a genuine error either the disk is dying or something is corrupting it and you need to find out what.

Burn-it 00:44 23 Nov 2016

If you also use that disk in another OS that may also leave the dirty flag set. I know that if I switch between W7 and W10 on the same disk, one of them will always complain and do a check.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Diversity is improving in branding - but there's still a way to go

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Les meilleurs smartphones Honor