removing bing search engine from firefox

conrail 18:27 21 Jan 2018

runnung win10 64bit ,firefox quantum with google.uk as home page and search engine, recently did a reset keeping my files, since this happened I now keep getting bing as my search engine, have done firefox options, deleted bing and all other search options apart from google from my search options with google uk as home page, I have even tried a blank home page,, there is no save option on this page, next time I start firefox it reverts back to bing as the search engine, I have tried to uninstall bing using revo uninstaller but there is no option for bing, I have tried start, search and looked for bing but again nothing there, I have even looked through the registry to see if I can see any reference to bing, there are reference to bing weather and bing radio but nothing else how can I get rid of bing that apparently is not on my pc, all help and advice appreciated

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:57 21 Jan 2018

HAve you tried a windows Restart (not shutdown) after changing the options in FF?

conrail 19:08 21 Jan 2018

thanks Fruit Bat /\0/\, just tried that opened firefox settings, make sure bing deleted from search options, left firefox open then start/restart, but bing is still there, before posting I did google this and tried the many suggestions, apparently I'm not the only one with it, some say, make changes and save but there is no save option

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:29 21 Jan 2018

I'd be tempted to uninstall FF reboot then reinstall FF

Govan1x 08:24 22 Jan 2018

Maybe try resetting Firefox first.Help.Troubleshooting information.. Then press Refresh.

Latest version is 57.04 so maybe check that you are using that.

Maybe give adw cleaner a run to see if it finds any problems.

conrail 19:24 22 Jan 2018

thanks Fruit Bat /\0/\, tried both your suggestions, after I unistalled FF and restarted opened edge which took over 2 minutes to open then a further 3 minutes to search for FF only to tell me my system was not compatible, tried to get chrome to see if that would load quicker, again chrome wasn't compatible, then it failed to open my email, wifi is great but laptop decided it was not having any of it, in the end after much frustration treat myself to a new laptop, hence the delay in replying, thanks for suggestion Govan1x, did not get your reply on old laptop, problem of bing is not happening on new laptop, thank you both for your helpful suggestions, I appreciate you both

Govan1x 00:22 23 Jan 2018

Good luck with your new Laptop conrail.

Hope you have the boards that open underneath it to let you into the hard drive and memory. This cheap Notebook I have you have to go inside the laptop to get to those things. A bit of a nightmare.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Les meilleures coques pour iPhone 8 & iPhone 8 Plus