Remove corrupt software on intel i5 64bit Win7

David S. 10:07 14 Dec 2015
Answered

I have tried to install Win10 but installation failed. I have some anti-malware software which never installed properly (power cur ½way through) and I've never been able to uninstall/re-install it. I believe that this may be the reason for the error code 8007002C-410000D. I would be very grateful if anyone please advise how to force the removal of the corrupt software. Kind regards, David S.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:07 14 Dec 2015
Answer

Delete All files from Windows Update and then run Windows update

1. Run services.msc

2. Stop Windows update service (services.msc)

3. Delete all files in: C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore

4. Start Windows update service

5. Update to 10

David S. 17:37 14 Dec 2015

Many thx. 'FruitBat' (I like your symbol avatar!). I will try this in the next couple of days and report back. Thank you, David S.

David S. 19:20 16 Dec 2015

Hello Fruitbat, Just a quick holding note to say that it may now be a week before I can try your suggestion. I do appreciate your time and reply and don't want you to think that I am ignoring it/you. Many thx. David S.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:17 01 Jan 2016

David S glad your sorted.

please reply by the forum thread rather than e-mail as it helps others with the same or similar problems.

and no your not selling your soul to MS by installing Win10, this has bee discussed in several other threads , all MS do is the same as a lot of other software manufacturers, track problems and look for trends in software usage.

For the paranoid antibeacon will turn off all win 10 tracking.

David S. 15:43 01 Jan 2016

OK Fruitbat - will do and thx. again. Perhaps I'll re-consider Win10 and I have your install solution if needed. David S.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! and Eevee! review

Best Black Friday deals for designers and artists 2018

How to use Siri Shortcuts

Les meilleurs SSD