Reinstalling Windows 10 without Product Key

Robert Francis 15:05 18 Feb 2018

I have my Windows 7 CD, but cant find the product key. Any idea how i can reinstall Windows 7? I upgraded to Windows 10 when it was a free upgrade. Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:36 18 Feb 2018

You can reinstall windows 10 without a key as it is now kept on MS servers just press enter when it asks for the key. Windows will automatically activate the first time it connects to the internat as windows will send out a request to the MS servers.

If you wish to got back to windows 7 then you are going to have to purchase a new key if you cannot find the old one.

wee eddie 16:39 18 Feb 2018

This assumes that you are installing it on the same PC

Govan1x 08:10 19 Feb 2018

Older computers had the keycode on the back of desktops and on the bottom of laptops.

Without the keycode you will not be able to go back to W7 but there is some cheap versions on Amazon that you could use.

BRYNIT 12:35 19 Feb 2018

Windows 10 upgrade will have a digital licence allowing automatic activation without entering a licence number as long as you are connected to the internet. You can also keep a copy of your digital licence on your Microsoft account this will allow you to even upgrade the computer and still use the same Windows 10 licence. Have a read of CLICK HERE

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

Adobe's groundbreaking prototypes of new features and apps for Creative Cloud

When is the next Apple event?

Test : le Samsung Galaxy A9