Red x on the wifi symbol (with wifi USB stick)

Islamfox Bisultanov 15:57 14 Apr 2019

Hello I have a problem with my wireless wifi USB stick. It shows an red x on the wifi symbol. All the other devices (phones, tv, etc.) are able to connect to the wifi but my computer doesn't. I have done almost everything that i can but it was no use. It doesn't find any wifi connections. Please help me.

wiganken2 17:50 14 Apr 2019

Have you installed the drivers for the USB Wi-Fi stick?

Islamfox Bisultanov 11:24 15 Apr 2019

Thanks for the reply. Actually I have not but I am not that good with that so I don't now how to do that. I will check it out for sure. Thank you very much.

Islamfox Bisultanov 12:01 15 Apr 2019

I need wifi to instal a driver but that is the problem, I don't have connection.

onthelimit1 15:12 15 Apr 2019

Could you not hard wire it to the router in order to download the driver?

Islamfox Bisultanov 16:35 15 Apr 2019

Yeah i wanted to try that but I can't find the wire anywhere at home. I will buy one and try that and I think that will solve my problem. Thank you very much I needed that help. (Sorry if my English is bad, it's not my first language)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:27 15 Apr 2019

download the driver on another PC or tablet / phone and use a USb stick to transfer it to yourr computer where you can then open and install it.

Islamfox Bisultanov 18:31 15 Apr 2019

Thank you I will try that out as well.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Hands-on

How to create a robot painting in Photoshop

iMac 21.5in (2019) review

French Days 2019 : dates, sites participants & bons plans