Re-Starting Services in System Configuration

[email protected] 20:07 18 Dec 2015

I am running Windows 10.Several of the Services in System Configuration have been stopped. How do I start them again, and then keep them running?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:33 18 Dec 2015

Some services start and stop when not needed

which services are you concerned about?

[email protected] 21:51 18 Dec 2015

I have very little idea what any of the following do: these are just some of them [out of the 134 that are stopped]. Earlier in the day I spoke to a Lady in Citrix, who told me that there was a problem with my PC, and that stopped services were indicative of it. To fix it, it was going to cost £120! My original question to her was 'Why does my PC HIBERNATE and not SHUT-DOWN?' AllJoyn router Service; Application Layer Gateway Service;Application identity; Application Management; App Readiness; AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC); ActiveX Installer (AxInstSV); Bitlocker Drive Encription Service; Background Intelligent Transfer Service; Bluetooth Handsfree Service; Certificate Propagation; etc

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:53 18 Dec 2015

Earlier in the day I spoke to a Lady in Citrix, who told me that there was a problem with my PC, and that stopped services were indicative of it. To fix it, it was going to cost £120!

Sounds like a pretty common scam to me did she phone you?

click here gives the default settings for all your services.

If your having sleep / hibernate / shutdown problems its most likely your Power Options settings that need adjusting click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to Watch Mi Mix 4, Mi 9 Pro Live Stream: Xiaomi 24 September Event

The new World Cup logo: designers on how it scores against WC logos of old

iOS 13 Latest Version, Updates, Problems, Fixes, and New Features

Les meilleures séries OCS (2019)