"Delayed Write Failed" Drive Corrupt?

RobCharles1981 00:03 11 Apr 2019

Hi everyone.

I'm on Windows 10 o/s And recently I got a Docking Station this one: click here Copy and Transfer Data from a new Drive a 6tb and and in conjunction a 3TB Drive.

The Docking Station picked up both drives fine including the new one. So Proceeded to get the deed done.

During the process it seemed to just hang on progress which was odd so powered off the docking station Where Windows Recorded both drives but same process occurs.

Then the 6TB Drive had a Senior Moment and went "Corrupt" Checking the Event viewer it says a "Delayed Write Failed" Message.

Currently going to try and run the Chkdsk command chkdsk J: /f /r /x Which sees the drive and should hopefully fix this.

Any ideas why this has happened? Many thanks Rob

To

RobCharles1981 22:13 11 Apr 2019

Drive has been fixed and working as it should but transferring my data across is seeing problems in event viewer "The IO Operation at Logical block address 0x5a07f8 for disk 8 (PBD name:\Device\0000008d) was retrieved

??

RobCharles1981 10:34 12 Apr 2019

Bump

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:52 12 Apr 2019

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Hands-on

How to create a robot painting in Photoshop

iMac 21.5in (2019) review

French Days 2019 : dates, sites participants & bons plans