"The service user profile cannot be loaded" HELP!!

Helpmepls 23:20 08 Apr 2018

The pc was working fine yesterday when i turned it off, this morning i got this msg. Most solutions i have found need another user profile to log into, there is only the one on my pc. I tried booting in safemode but maybe i did it wrong as i didnt get there. Im panicking and need help asap, i finally got it back after it was broken for ages and i really need it back. I dont know much without being able to look at it but its Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit sp1 6 processors and i think amd motherboard.

I need step by step instructions on how to fix the problem without loging into any profile, since the only one i have i cant access.

wee eddie 23:31 08 Apr 2018

When you say "Just got it back" .

How long ago and from what?

Secret-Squirrel 09:34 09 Apr 2018

Most solutions i have found need another user profile to log into........

There are at least two ways round that problem. Here's the easiest first:

Shutdown your computer, turn it back on then immediately start tapping the F8 key until the "Advanced Boot Options" appears. Using the keyboard arrow keys and enter key, choose "Repair your computer". Follow the prompts until you arrive at the "System Recovery Options" screen. Your mouse will now be working so click on System Restore. It's a bit like a time machine that takes Windows back to a point in time when it was working fine but it doesn't affect your personal stuff. Choose an available date that's close to the day before yesterday as possible.

Helpmepls 10:51 09 Apr 2018

To Eddie, i got it back after the power thingie broke, we didnt know it was the problem until recently, i dont know what its called in english.

I did try f8 but it didnt work, maybe i need to spam more but i think i was pushing it pretty much.. Tried several times but i guess Ill have to try again.

Secret-Squirrel 11:59 09 Apr 2018

I did try f8 but it didnt work, maybe i need to spam more.........

You need to tap the F8 key quickly although it does sound like you've probably been doing it correctly.

What type of keyboard do you use? If it's a Bluetooth or wireless keyboard then on some PCs it won't work at the early boot stage because the drivers don't load until Windows starts. If you have a wired keyboard handy (USB or PS/2) then try that instead.

Helpmepls 14:58 09 Apr 2018

Its a G510 logitech keyboard, but its possible its not working it has a different colour when the pc boots and the tiny screen that either has game info or the "G510" text is blank.

Helpmepls 16:02 09 Apr 2018

Thank you for your help, i was able to use a tiny silicon keyboard i bought from china for no reason. I was surprised to find the most recent restore point was at a windows critical update right before i shut off my pc the night before it stopped working, since i do my updates manually and had not gotten to updating yet. So they now ignore the wishes of win 7 users as well? I thought after avoiding the win 10 update i was safe to keep my settings. btw is this also a forum where i can get help to upgrade my pc (the hardware)?

Helpmepls 16:04 09 Apr 2018

Great, i thought i was supposed to click on the "is an answer" to mark it as the answer aparently it was the oposite, sorry lol i accidently marked it wrong and i cant make it go back....

Helpmepls 16:04 09 Apr 2018

Nevermind, thanks anyway i will stop now lol.

Secret-Squirrel 19:01 09 Apr 2018

Thanks for the feedback.

I was surprised to find the most recent restore point was at a windows critical update right before i shut off my pc the night before it stopped working,............

If the same Windows update installs and causes the same problem then I'll give you a Plan B.

btw is this also a forum where i can get help to upgrade my pc (the hardware)?

The Tech Helproom forum would be the best place for hardware queries.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?