Quick 2 Questions (Backup & Restore Win 7)

Linxx P 19:34 04 Jun 2018

Hopefully a quick one in a few weeks I will be building a new PC and I will be creating a backup image of my current machine.

I have read that unless the new machine I restore the backup from is the same it wont work because of different drivers etc. Is this true?

2nd Question is when restoring from a back up image does it install all the programes you previously had installed? I.E. Adobe Premier etc, or do I have to install these programes on the new machine then run the restore / backup image?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:40 04 Jun 2018
  1. yes

because you are putting your old windows on a new machine the license will be invalid.

Linxx P 20:44 04 Jun 2018

Thank you for replying. So if I buy a second license it will be possible?

And will the image file re-install all my programes/ software for me on to the new machine?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:04 04 Jun 2018

Yes to both questions but you will need to change the drivers to suit the new nachine and may have trouble booting in the first place.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to watch the World Cup for free on TV and online

Meet Superfiction, the little design studio with a load of character

Best Mac buying guide 2018

Comment résoudre les problèmes de connexion internet d’un iPhone ?