Programs on Usb not recognised on another PC

martd7 18:43 16 Feb 2019
Answered

I copied ccleaner and speccy portable versions onto my usb stick to use them on a client's Windows 7 laptop only to find when I insert the usb and try access the programmes I get the red cross with "program not available message"

Works fine on another Windows7 laptop

Any help appreciated

Menzie 01:23 18 Feb 2019
Answer

Another thing to try before uninstalling the USB drivers is to temporarily disable the installed antivirus.

Some antivirus will block software without a prompt causing issues similar to what you have experienced.

martd7 13:12 18 Feb 2019

Menzie

Thanks I have tried that this morning and your solution was correct McAfee wasn't allowing access,why I do not know,but the message that came up looked like a system message but thanks it is now working

Thanks to all for help on this matter

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

EE 5G review: How fast is 5G in the UK?

Best Monitor Calibrators

Powerbeats Pro review

Les bons plans sport (2019)