Problems identifying wired network connection

Alessandro J. Vrabie 17:43 20 Jun 2018

Hello guys. I am having a problem with my network connection on my PC. I was using a wifi adapter until today, but it had many interferences and ping while playing online was always dropping. So i decided to call a technician and bring me an ethernet cable to my pc. The problem is that at first try it worked. Then he had to do a modification to stuck the cable into the wall(it is not the problem, since the ethernet works perfectly on my laptop) .So i decided to restart the pc. When i plug it in, the light turns on for 10 seconds while the pc is turning on. Then it turns off. After thst, while the pc is on, it only flashes for 1 second. Then stops for 1 minute. Then again. Pc says "Identifying..." but it then stops. I already tried to update driver(says it is uptodate) and uninstall-reinstall network adapter. After doing this it started working very well for few hours. The i put the pc to sleep. When i turned it on,same problem happened. I dont know what else to do

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:47 20 Jun 2018

device manager - right click the network adaptor - properties -power managment tab - untick "allow the computer to switch off...)

Alessandro J. Vrabie 22:00 20 Jun 2018

I tried it but nothing happened. It still keeps saying "identifying..." then red cross appears. Again and again. I just gave up and ordered an usb ethernet adaptor from amazon :(

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

How to create explosive dance music graphics

When is the best time to buy an iPhone?

Quel antivirus gratuit choisir pour un PC ?