Problem with operating system not booting properly

GrahamM2017 22:28 09 Mar 2017

I built a pc a while ago and recently ran into a problem where I can't properly boot my computer. When i try to it either tells me to restart or freezes, i have a copy of windows hooked up to the usb port and try to repair and it freezes as soon as i try to repair or wipe the drive. Any help is deeply appreciated i just want my computer back

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:19 10 Mar 2017

boot to command prompt from the USB drive and run chkdsk /f/r on the drive.

virat8586 12:19 10 Mar 2017

Shut down the computer again.

Reboot your computer after 2 minutes.

Choose booting options. • In case the screen displays the “Windows” logo and asks you to choose an option for booting, read the directions carefully and make your choice.

Restart your system in Safe Mode. Press F8 as your device reboots. This will take you to Safe Mode. Uninstall new software. Uninstall any new software or driver that you installed or updated recently. This may automatically resolve the issue.

Turn it back on and get into BIOS. Look for the root of the issue. In case you have overclocked, set your FSB and vCore down to stock levels. • Once you are done, click on “Exit and save changes”.

Open up the computer. Unscrew only the screws at the back, which are located on the very outer rim. • Keep touching the metal part of the case, before you delve into your computer. This helps prevent electrostatic shock, which could potentially harm your system

Remove and reinstall components. • Take out the memory card, graphics card and wires attached to the CPU (Central Processing Unit) pins. • Remove the battery. This is located near the bottom of the motherboard. It is usually housed inside its own little holster, with a lever on one end. • Wait a couple of minutes. • Then reconnect each component.

Plug in your computer. Then restart it. • Perform steps 7 and 8 only if you are comfortable working with computers. Otherwise you could end up complicating matters further.

Visit a repair shop. In case you are not very comfortable working with PCs; or if all the above-mentioned steps failed; take your system to a computer repair shop. Describe the issue as best as you can and let them handle the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?