Printing outlook emails Windows10 problem

mcwinters 15:39 06 Nov 2015

Upgraded from W7 to 10 a month ago. Printer worked fine for everything EXCEPT Outlook (Hotmail) emails, - just shows a picture of 2 mobile phones and the message "Something went wrong and we can't sign you in at the moment. Please try again later". Following advice from another forum, I deleted and reinstalled the printer (an old HP6940). Now, although the printer is "recognised", it won't print anything at all! This seems to be a problem others have had. Can someone advise me in very simple easy to follow language please!

chub_tor 15:54 06 Nov 2015

Is it set at the Default Printer?

If you haven't got Control Panel on your desktop or menu then the easiest way to find out is to click on the Small Win 10 Start logo, scroll up to Settings and click on that. Click on Devices which should give you a list of connected peripherals.

Make sure that your printer is listed then scroll down to the blue printed Devices and printers and click on that.

Control Panel will open (it sometimes takes a little while to populate first time) then scroll down to the printers and make sure that there is a green tick over your HP6940.

If not Right Click it and click on Set as Default Printer.

mcwinters 16:07 06 Nov 2015

Yes... set as default printer. As I said, in fact it printed all documents (Word, Excel, etc) except for outlook emails which I had previously had no problems with under Windows 7. Now, having deleted and reinstalled the printer (as the default printer), it prints nothing.

chub_tor 16:57 06 Nov 2015

When you are on something you want printed (eg a Word document or a web page) do you get a pop up box when you click Ctri+P ? In Win 10 you should get a big black window pop up with the default printer at the top.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e Release Date, Price & Spec

Robert Hunter talks animating his magical storybook style for a spaced out music video

Best iPhone & iPad games 2019

Samsung Galaxy X : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique