Printer won't scan on new windows 10

Trenny 10:45 30 Nov 2015

I have a new windows 10 laptop and my technician has connected it to my wireless Canon MG5250 Pixma printer so that it prints OK. But I can't get it to scan. Help, please. I can't ask him again as he has spent so much time on it already!

mole1944 11:07 30 Nov 2015

Go to the manufacturers web site and download the latest drivers for it.

Pine Man 11:14 30 Nov 2015

My Canon printer is a different model to yours but the following may apply and is possibly worth a try. I am using a Canon MG8250 and up until recently I controlled the scan function from the control panel actually on the printer, which no longer appears to control the scanning process. The way round it for me was to got to Programs/Canon Utilities/MP Navigator on my PC and run the scan process on screen.

Gordon Freeman 11:36 30 Nov 2015

Try this: Win 10 driver

There's a note under Precaution: Scanner Driver: 1.If the OS is upgraded with the scanner driver remained installed, scanning by pressing the SCAN button on the Printer may not be performed After the upgrade. in such cases, re-install the scanner driver.

Trenny 10:28 02 Dec 2015

Many thanks, but I don't want to play around with drivers for the moment. There is a canon network scan utility, which surely should be what I am looking for, but nothing happens when I click it. I'll work on it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon slashes Echo Dot price to just £24.99 to kick off Black Friday

The 51 Best Free Typefaces Every Designer Should Have

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio (2018)