Press N to run next boot device

Bob MacLean 19:34 19 Nov 2018

Hi all, I am running Windows 7 64 bit and everything was fine until a few days back when I couldn't enter more than 3 characters via the keyboard and then it began showing my account as being locked and wouldn't allow me access.

I later discovered the problem was being caused by a faulty usb keyboard which I replaced and everything is fine now except for the bootup. When I power on it runs for a couple of secs then gives a black screen with white font saying "the system found unauthorised changes on the firmware, operating system or UEFI drivers. Press N to run the next boot device, or continue directly to BIOS setup if there are no other boot devices installed.

There are no other boot devices and when I press N the system continues and loads Windows 7 as normal. Is there a way I can stop it running this message and just loading normally again?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:41 20 Nov 2018

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Diversity is improving in branding - but there's still a way to go

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Les meilleurs sacs à dos pour ordinateur portable