PLEASE help me with Windows 10

menopaws1947 18:30 17 Nov 2015

I just stupidly re installed Windows 10,no sound (says sound device not plugged in - have never had one), cannot use printer, tons of emails in Chinese AGAIN plus 3 Chinese programmes appear when trying to shut down. I HATE IT. Cannot get rid of it even with a genuine Windows 7 disc. I never leave flat, elderly and computer is my only lifeline. Any advice greatly appreciated. Have tried a ton of things

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:53 17 Nov 2015

Where did you download win 10 from?

Make and model of machine?

What antivirus / antimalware are you using?

sound device is a simple matter of removing and reinstalling the sound drivers

menopaws1947 19:35 17 Nov 2015

Hi Downloaded, both times, from icon at bottom of screen. Lenovo G700. Uninstalled and reinstalled at least twice plus followed advice from different forums. Hope you can help.

alanrwood 11:18 18 Nov 2015

Try restoring the computer using the Recovery Partition to put it back to square one, Then try the update again. Back up your data first.

menopaws1947 11:28 18 Nov 2015

Thanks Alan, Just woken up after being up until 5am. Took 4 hours to reset the comp,so many fixes head was spinning then Voila the problems were solved. Only thing is I was so tired cannot remember how. Basically,evan with a valid Windows 7 disc, if you install Windows 10 you are stuck with it. Maybe something to do with comp being a Lenovo?? as a lot u cannot do.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon slashes Echo Dot price to just £24.99 to kick off Black Friday

Best Black Friday deals for designers and artists 2018

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio (2018)